All you need for this one is TIME! It could not be easier, and there are only 3 ingredients! Squash, butter & salt. That’s it!
I cooked the squash whole – I poked it a few times with a knife and then put it in the oven on a cookie sheet for an hour at 350. Doing it this way made it so much easier to cut in half – that is always a problem for me when cooking spaghetti squash – its becomes a leverage & strength game – trying to get up over the squash with your knife to get that hard as a rock squash in half in order to cook it.
So last night, I thought, what if I just cook it whole? Like when you roast a potato, you poke it with a fork a few times (except I chose a knife!), and then stick them in the oven!
I decided to go with that method, and it worked like a charm. The squash held together great, it wasn’t overdone or too mushy, and it was really easy to cut and then scrape out all that delish squash! I doubt I will ever cut a squash before it is cooked ever again 👍😉.
Then I just added in a few pats of butter, let it melt, and added some salt and stirred it up! I did layer in the salt a bit so I didn’t over-do it, but it really was crazy yummy! I also ended up putting it in the microwave for a minute to warm it up a bit again before serving. Enjoy!
Buttery Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 3 tbsp Butter - I use Kerry Irish Gold - there is no other 🙂
- Several Sprinkles Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Poke a few slits into the squash, and put on a cookie sheet in the oven for an hour
- Take the squash out and split it in half. Scrape squash into a bowl using a fork.
- Add your pats of butter and stir. Add salt as you go as well, and taste often for the right amount. Serve hot - put it in the microwave for 60 seconds if needed. Enjoy!