What a nice surprise!!! I found this “new” veg at Trader Joe’s… It is called caulilini or baby cauliflower. When I saw these at the store the other day they just jumped in my cart! I am always trying to find new and different ways to cook veggies and then while perusing the veggie aisle, I spied something NEW!! The hubs loved the cooked version, and so did I!
I decided to cut the stems up since this was new to me, and I then sauteed them in some Kerry Gold Butter, along with some chopped cilantro and Atlantic Spice Company onion powder & garlic powder (because Atlantic Spice Company’s powders are THE BEST!). I seasoned with Maldon Sea Salt & fresh cracked pepper then topped it with some grated parmesan cheese, and in about 12 minutes our new veggie delight was on the table!
And it was oh, so good!!
I did a little research and it turns out caulilini isn’t new, it existed in Aisa and then Manns Food Service started growing it in the states and it came to us in July of 2018. It is just a different varietal of #cauliflower – it’s a sweeter & softer version of cauliflower, you should give it a try! I think you’ll like it!
Also, I forgot to take a pic of them on the chopping block before I cut them up, and I borrowed one from @mannsfoodservice – so I’m giving them cred for the pic here. 😄 Enjoy!
Caulilini with Cilantro and Parm Cheese
- 1 bag Caulilini
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Butter (pref Keri Gold)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Parm Cheese Grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice the steems of the Caulilini up to the floret in little chunks.
- Rinse and chop the whole bunch of Cilantro until it is well minced.
- In a Saute Pan, melt the butter and olive oil together over medium heat. Add in half of the Cilantro and let sizzle for about a minute.
- Add the Caulilini, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper and stir. Saute for about 10 - 13 minutes, to your desired level of crunchiness.
- Put in a serving bowl and top with Parm Cheese, and enjoy!