This Cheezy Zucchini is easy to make and crazy tasty! If you don’t like zucchini, you just might change your mind now! Cheese makes everything better, right? I’m a believer.
For this concoction, slice the zucchini up into small discs and put them in a colander in the sink. Salt them, trying to spread the salt all over each piece (this does NOT have to be pe perfect! Just move them around in your fingers a bunch). Let them sit for about 15 mins so they can sweat out some water. Be sure to shake the colander a few times, and stir them up with your fingers as they sit to get as much water out as you can.
Once you get some of the water out, just line them up in a roasting pan with each one leaning on the next, you should see about half or 1/4 of each, leaning on the next. Sprinkle some onion powder on them & some fresh cracked pepper. Next, cover it with shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan flakes.
Put that in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. They will get all melty but not brown. Finally, turn the broiler on for about 5 minutes until they are bubbly with a touch of brown!
I think you will love it! Maybe even your kids will too???
- 3 Large Zucchini – sliced into small discs
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese – shredded
- 2 oz Parmesan Flakes
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 1 – 2 tbsp Onion Powder
- Put the sliced zucchini in a colander in the sink. Sprinkle salt all over the zucchini and coat each one as best you can.
- Let sit in the sink for about 15 mins, so some of the water runs off. Preheat your oven to 350 at this point.
- Line them up in a baking dish, leaning one on top of the next.
- Sprinkle the pepper and onion powder on top of the zucchini.
- Cover with the cheddar evenly. Then sprinkle the parmesan on top of that.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Then broil for another 5 until browned.